So for the last couple of weeks I have been frantically trying to decide what to wear for our weekend away in Paris. The chic beautiful Parisian ladies I have no way to compete with but I also don't want to look like a typical brit on holiday.
I am also a nightmare packer I ram my very large suit case full of shoes I never wear and clothes that worked together in the uk but on my holiday I hate with a passion.
I have been given strict instructions that I can only take our small suit case and Guy even suggested us sharing it!!! with a chuckle and a look to say you were joking right?!! he is now using his Paul smith weekend bag that I gave him as a wedding gift.
So what the hell I am going to wear? Men don't seem to understand the dilemma's us ladies have to go through. I have tried to explain that there are many factors that you have to plan for when picking a wardrobe.
What is the weather going to be like?, if it is raining then satin or suede ballet pumps are a no no and what about a coat?
Will lots of walking be involved?, if so then sky high stiletto sandals will be agony.
Will we be eating out anywhere posh? if so which dress to take?
Do I take the jeans that I can wear with flats or the ones that I can only wear with wedge heels?
So after much thinking and constantly checking on weather forecasts I have finally put together what I am planning to take (I can not guarantee that come Thursday night when the suitcase is out that I might have a last minute rethink!!)
I am taking
1. Boot cut dark denim jeans (from Debenhams)
2. White shirt (from H&M)
3. Black T-shirt (from ASOS)
4. Blue and white dotty play suit (from Henry Holland)
5. Light pink linen blazer (from H&M)
6. Light pink vest top (from H&M)
7. Navy dress (from H&M)
8. Beige shorts (from H&M)
9. Black/white skull Alexander McQueen scarf
10. Black wedge heel espadrilles (from LKBennett)
11. Black ballet pumps (from Next)
12. black and gold thong sandals (from John Lewis)
13. BLack leather Mitzy Hobo bag (from Mulberry)
14. Gold twisted bracelet (from Oasis)
15. Gold pendant necklace (from H&M)